Colder air (check), rain and wind (check), shorter days (check), Halloween costumes flooding every supermarket aisle (check). Indeed, Autumn is truly upon us (*rolls eyes*).
Yes, Autumn is associated with melancholy moods, as skies turn grey and the wintry chill sits on the horizon. But we’re here to tell you to pick your chin up because Autumn is one of the best times to explore all the city of culture has to offer in London’s most charming time of year.
- Don’t be hooked to your central heater, go out and explore cosmopolitan London, all while admiring the different shades of leaves littering your path, on Matt’s Hidden Tour of London.
- As the mysterious harvest gives way, Autumn is a time for reflection on your surroundings and on the beauty of mother nature. It also calls for self-reflection and what better way to do so than by spending your night becoming inspired and motivated at the BucketList Talks: How to Follow your Dreams?
- If you absolutely can’t resist cosying up in front of a fireplace, why not do so with a flavourful wine glass by your side? To make the experience even better, why not learn a little more about seasonal wines at one of Julia’s Autumn Wine Tasting Evenings?
- Still not impressed? Well, who isn’t happy that diet season is over? One of Autumn’s perks is most definitely the hot and savoury dishes we can all devour guilt-free in light of the chilly and gloomy weather outside. Treat yourself and go on a Tastebud Adventure at a Zanzibar Supper Club.
Here are even more reasons to love London in Autumn…
- The arrival of Autumn doesn’t have to mean summer is completely over. There are plenty of activities for you to do to make you feel like it’s summertime all over again, like Amanda’s Make Your Own Leather Sandals workshop.
- Autumn is all about family time. It’s back to school season we all still want to make time for our little munchkins. The cool temperature leaves us no choice but to focus on indoor activities, on our homes. Spend some quality time and do something different with your kids at a Parent and Child Cookery class.
- Autumn is not only about harvest and leaves. It also brings with it a beautiful decor of flowers. Surround yourself with greenery and let your creative juices flow at a Botanical Art Workshop in a Flower Shop.
- In autumn everything gets a little more atmospheric and enigmatic. It’s a seasonal transition between summer and winter and so our minds are often left to ponder about the changes to come. Embrace the mystic aura of the leaves and cool breeze outside and come along to a Tea Ceremony and Gong Sound Bath.
- If you’re still unconvinced or Autumn’s just not your season, don’t forget there’s Halloween to get excited about – the day of the year to show off and where no one’s to judge. Do something completely unique this year and Step on Board the Haunted Tube Express.
- Rather than mourning that summer is officially over, look forward to what Autumn’s to bring! Just because the temperature may have dropped a tad, do try stepping outside, if even for a split second. Enjoy the crisp, fresh air on Citydash Kings Cross: a Real World Adventure!