Win 5 x pairs of tickets for Christmas Film Nights: Elf on Monday 4th December at 19:00pm.
Each ticket includes 1 x free mulled wine + 1 x mince pie – plus expect a VERY festively decorated venue! (thanks to Time Out)
Elf is about two dads – who approach how to look after their rather unusual son in two distinctly different ways. But what does being a dad mean and what do they actually do?
Join dad specialist Dr. Anna Machin to explore the science and psychology of fatherhood. Learn about the hormone and structural brain changes that, just like mum, help dad get ready for his new role.
Explore the very different ways that dads approach being a father around the world (even at the North Pole!) and how who gets the title of “dad” depends not on genes but on doing the job. And, using Papa Elf as our model, understand the unique role all dads play in their child’s development; encouraging and supporting their quest for independence, teaching the social and technical skills that will ensure survival and building a strong attachment that ensures their child develops the confidence and mental resilience to thrive despite life’s inevitable knockbacks. Even if this particular knockback is your biological dad’s less than enthusiastic reaction to having a 6-foot elf as a son.
Dr. Anna Machin is an evolutionary anthropologist, writer and broadcaster. She is fascinated by the science behind close human relationships; those between lovers, friends, parents and children. She is a visiting academic at the University of Oxford where she researches human social behavior and is a regular contributor to TV, radio and print including two seasons of “Married at First Sight” (Channel 4) and the upcoming series “Meet the Humans” (BBC Earth). In June 2018, she publishes the first popular science book to detail the science of fatherhood; The Life of Dad (Simon & Schuster).
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
You have until 12pm on Monday 4th December 2017 to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over
- The prize on offer is 1 pair of tickets for The London Christmas Lights Bike Tour on the Sunday 3rd December at 3.30pm in London
- The winner will be announced and contacted within a day and you will have 3 days to claim your prize
- In your claim email you must include the contact email, contact phone number and the name of the guest you wish to bring
- If no winner is selected, the prize will be removed
- Funzing reserves the right to amend the prize as necessary
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or credit