As you might know this Friday is the International Hummus Day and here at Funzing HQ we decided to celebrate the event with some great Hummus Making Experiences so you can enjoy it properly!
So we asked our Host Boaz Torfstein to give a recipe for a dish that goes well with Hummus. After receiving the task he decided to share his secrets for preparing Middle Eastern style Aubergine and here it is!
* This recipe is for 2 portions.
2 medium size aubergines
2 medium onions
3-4 cloves of garlic
200 gr minced beef
1/4″ of fresh ginger
raw tehina sauce
1. cut the onions into cubes ( not too small)
2. slice the garlic
3. chop the ginger into tiny cubes
4. place all in a preheated pan with 2 tea spoons of olive oil
5. fry for 2-3 minutes on a high flame, then turn down to medium
6. slice the aubergines, long way so you have 2 long halves of each aubergine
7. put in the pan, face down (skin side facing up)
8. add 2 pinches of salt
9. squeeze half a lemon all over the pan
10. fry till the aubergines have browned and you can easily stick a fork through the skin
11. add the meat, fry while staring gently for 8-12 mins depending on how you like your meat.
1. put 2 table spoons of raw tehina in a bowl
2. squeeze half a lemon in
3. add a pinch of salt
4. add water slowly while mixing until the tehina reaches the line between solid and runny
place 2 halves of an aubergine, face up on a plate
add half of the meat and sauce
drizzle the Tehina all over
Want to join a great Foodie Experience in London? Check out These: http://uk.funzing.com/food-and-drink